The Awards Committee (a Committee within the Community Outreach Portfolio) strives to promote and recognize the professionalism and important contribution of the federal real property community across Canada. The Committee provides the Institute and its members with:
- Coordination and recognition of individual and group best practices which contribute to the efficient and effective management of the federal real property portfolio through the RPIC Awards program; and,
- Raising awareness of the Real Property Institute of Canada (RPIC) with officials from all levels of government, academia and private sector organizations with similar interests.
The Awards Committee will:
- Recognize the work and efforts of real property professionals from across Canada;
- Promote RPIC through the management of the awards recognition program;
- Promote the professionalism and effectiveness of the disciplines of real the property community within the public sector;
- Acknowledge the contributions made by individuals and teams in setting a high standard and contributing to the real property field through innovation, achievement, quality, and leadership;
- Acknowledge service and outstanding contribution to the federal real property community or field; and,
- Enhance the profile of the Real Property Institute of Canada.
Roles and responsibilities
The Committee strives to fulfill its mandate through the following activities:
- Develop and manage an annual work plan as approved by the Board of Directors complete with scope, budget, timelines and key outcomes;
- Assess and develop awards criteria;
- Select and manage the Awards Selection Committee;
- Facilitate dialogue and cooperation with senior officials from the public sector, outline RPIC's mandate and ensure regular communication in promoting the awards;
- Develop an RPIC awards awareness campaign across Canada including the establishment of regional counterparts to enhance submission of the awards;
- Develop a process for notifying award nominees and award recipients; and,
- Develop an awards recognition plan.