This category recognizes innovative approaches to developing and successfully implementing a new or refined concept, process, or procedure in the field of real property management, or the demonstration of significant improvement in portfolio, accommodation, property, project, or service performance through strategic planning, policy development, performance management, analytics to inform decision-making, change management, risk management, or competency development.
Entries in this category may include real property-related frameworks, strategies, investment plans, portfolio, asset and building management plans, climate resilience plans, portfolio decarbonization plans, policies, programs, legislation, and regulations.
Entries in this category should demonstrate any or all of the following:
- The initiative should showcase a visionary or innovative approach, or the refinement of an existing approach that is significant to the real property management profession.
- Non-traditional methods were utilized to achieve the outputs/outcomes of the initiative.
- The initiative addressed an area of change impacting the real property profession or served as a catalyst for change.
- The initiative’s objectives addressed an emerging issue or need arising from changes in government priorities, legislation, policy, technology, etc.
2) Development and Implementation
- The initiative had a clear strategy, goals, and objectives that supported its development and implementation.
- The initiative addressed the primary vision and need or problem that prompted its initiation, sustained and refreshed over time.
- The processes involved in the initiative demonstrated comprehensive and effective solicitation of input from stakeholders.
- The initiative serves as an example of effective implementation, having measurable results that demonstrate its success.
3) Competency Development
- The ideas, techniques, or methodologies used should be easily transferable and adoptable by other real property professionals and departments.
- The concept, process, or procedure should have the potential to be applied to other initiatives of a similar nature.
- The results of the initiative should have a measurable impact on how real property professionals perform their duties.
- Broader application of the initiative’s methodology or components should contribute to the advancement of good practices in the real property management field.